Thank you for answering my questions, I aprecciated you opinions. The reason why I didnīt submit the other 6 was that I didnīt want to impose, and those 3 seemed like they were more interesting, and subject to debate, some of this other are too clear. However I would be very interested in your opinion upon the other 6 criteriums:
- Teleology vs Teleonomy: Teleology means that the direction of the change is one and only, directed to a single goal. Teleonomy means that there several ways in acheiving change, also several goals.
- Mitical relationship vs Contractual Relationship: Is the relation between the therapist and the client mitical or contractual? What is the distinction between their knowledge? In mitical relatioanship the client cannot distinguish between his knowledge and the therapistīs. All of the analysis and comprehension of the emotional and informational process during the course of the therapy is made by the therapist. In contractual relationship, the client is able to distinguish his own feelings, emotions, and knowledge form the therapistīs, he is independent from the therapist emotionally and he is able to analyse his own situation.
- Therapeutic process: Estructuring vs Destructuring: the process would be considered estructuring if you the past is the not essencial element, you built on from the present, that is, you creat a new conceptual platform for the client and they may be new forms of behaviour adaptation. The process would be considered destructuring if an effort is made to move away the client from ancient meanings atributed so that it is possible to build new understandings and meanings.
- Instrumental action vs Imagetic action: the two kinds of action are distinguished by their practical and realist aproach, instrumental action is based on the assumption that the individual is envolved with the reality that surrounds him which allows altertions in his behavioral pattern. Imaginary action works with supposition and fantasied realities.
- Therapistīs formation and training: How are Ericksonian therapist trained according to 5 criteriums:
If you find any of this questions worth discussions I would be very interested in hearing your opinions.
Thanks for your atentions.
| Behavior OnLine Home Page | Disclaimer |
Copyright © 1996-2004 Behavior OnLine, Inc. All rights reserved.