Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old March 8th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Forum Leader

Cool Women & Resources Redux

My first HBES meeting was in San Diego and I remember the little bitches giving talks about women swapping sex for resources. The topic pulses on...

"After my friend's husband lost his job, they would fall asleep clinging to each other like survivors on a liferaft. The assumed trajectory of their lives had swan dived, their days were filled with disappointment, paperwork and worry, but after years of long-wed back-to-back bedtimes, they started waking up comforted to be held by familiar arms.

"Can financial hardship ever strengthen marriage? Is it possible for couples to raise their heads from their own internal feuding, the micro-irritations and banal resentments of everyday life, and unite against an external threat? It would be good to think so, since the only prospect worse than losing your job is compounding it with divorce. And yet auguries are already dismal, with 25 per cent more couples in the South East dashing to Relate for counselling and, grimmer still, a recent rise in reports of domestic violence.

"Every marriage is an economic deal..."

More at http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle5860559.ece
Old March 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Forum Leader

Exclamation Re: Women & Resources - Yulia

Yulia Tymoshenko is Prime Minister of the Ukraine. She was born in Eastern Ukraine where the Russians have a stronger influence on both history and popular culture.

She negotiated the recent gas contracts and runs now for the Presidency. Not sure I'd want to take her on although Shakespeare would have loved her...

Photo #13 at http://www.kyivpost.com/gallery/372