Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old April 10th, 2005, 06:17 AM

Wink Hellinger and Gestalt

Hey there,

Finally decided on a title. I'm writing a dissertation on the integration (if possible) of Gestalt and the family constellations of Bert Hellinger. One of the main questions is why so many Gestalt therapists are being drawn to this work.

Any insights, references and help appreciated

Thanks
David
Old December 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM

Wink Re: Hellinger and Gestalt

Dave,
I think that the thing about systemic approach that it gives something beyond gestalt approach limitation.
In Gestalt practice(inspite theory positions) clients often suffering from being exposed, openned up out of their defences and left out without any support- Be with it, Feel it etc. in pain alone, retraumatized (coming from own experience and my clients' complaines)
In addition gestalt position seemed to reffer to autonomic position of client- "Nobody ows anything to anybody"- which often traslates to client as "Everything is alwais my fault "
In Helligers work clients get support from genuine infinite source- family. And anybody's actions getting to make reason, and it gives groung for acceptence and forgiveness.

Hellinger's work- is a miracle. Something coming out from group appears to be revealed Truth. And in different approaches many people would think "It makes sene but it just one of theories your therapist trained at, will it work for me? who knows"

(excuse my English )

AF

fleshels@netzero.net
Old November 10th, 2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Hellinger and Gestalt

I know many gestalt therapists who are repulsed by Helinger's work because it is introjective and absolutely proceeds from his presuppositions about people. This flies in the face of our phenomenological approach.