Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old August 24th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Forum Leader

Default Re: Ethics of reality tv show

The show is still on. I just missed it tonight. Really appreciate your complete citations.
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:55 PM

I saw one episode of this and didn't think of hte ramifications, probably because I suspect everything that's on t.v. is staged and artificial (like WWF wrestling) and so they couldn't POSSIBLY put kids in that position, but now that I read your post, yes I'm really disturbed by this. It's unfortunate that some people consider witnessing this sort of suffering as entertainment.
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rgrl23
It's unfortunate that some people consider witnessing this sort of suffering as entertainment.
sk8rgrl23, there is no end to the depravity that masquerades as entertainment. Have you turned on late night TV lately???

In Ontario we have a "boot camp" for young offenders. It is a high quality facility staffed by Child and Youth Workers located just outside of Algonquin Park. This is a "provincial diversion program" meaning the young offender can go to jail or, alternatively, to the camp. The camp looks a lot better than jail to many of the youth who have the choice, and so there is little difficulty filling up the beds.

Cheers

Charles
Old November 23rd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Forum Leader

Lightbulb Re: Ethics of reality tv show

Thanks for reading this thread! The Law, Ethics and Psychotherapy Forum gets a lot of readers, but few new posts. You are invited to contribute statements, comments or questions to keep the forum alive. Pick something you like, or something you don't like, but don't let the threads go stagnant! All I ask is that we avoid personal questions from patients (we can't do clinical work or second-guess therapists here, but we can have professional discussions among clinicians about ethics or forensic scenarios). We also avoid personal attacks.

The possibilities are endless. You can simply reply to a post in an existing thread, or start a new one. Do you have questions or experiences that involve the ethics or legal aspects of training? clinical work? termination? malpractice or malpractice lawsuits? forensic careers? criminal matters related to mental health? boundaries? work with courts or lawyers? work in correctional institutions? work with parolees or probationers? clinician impairment? laws affecting practice?

Choose something you're familiar with or something you want to know more about. If you want suggestions, you're welcome to check out my website at www.psychandlaw.org.

Thanks,
Bill Reid, Forum Administrator