Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2005, 08:32 PM

Default Art and Play Therapy

I am looking for discussion on this field of therapy. I have an art education background and am currently getting my degree in school counseling. I have learned much but do not want to stop now that school break is here. Please let me know if you have any interest in this field and would like to begin an active discussion on all aspects of this wonderful form of therapy. Thank you
Ranada
Old May 22nd, 2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: Art and Play Therapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranada
I am looking for discussion on this field of therapy. I have an art education background and am currently getting my degree in school counseling. I have learned much but do not want to stop now that school break is here. Please let me know if you have any interest in this field and would like to begin an active discussion on all aspects of this wonderful form of therapy. Thank you
Ranada
Ranada, art is utilized at part of play therapy, but they are not the same thing. Art therapy and play therapy are two different forms of treatment. Play therapy isbased on the idea that play is a child's natural language and toys are their words. It takes special training to be a play therapist. Sorry, if I'm coming across as preachy. I don't mean to. I am about to complete the final step to become a registered play therapist. It takes extra work to become a play therapist on top of the graduate training needed to become licensed.

OK, end of lecture.

I would more than happy to participate in a discussion of play therapy.
Old December 20th, 2005, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaybee
It takes special training to be a play therapist
As it alsoi does to become an Art Therapist, Registered. More notably, art therapy is a outgrowth of psychotherapy, one that inserts the client's art into the therapeutic environment in an attempt, among other things, to reduce the impact of issues related to transferrence and projection.

Regards,

Charles McNeil,
London, Canada
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM

hello,
I study Socio Somat Analysse psychotherapy, E.E.P.S.A., Frace, i am in the last year. I would like to have an open talk about this subject. I study about a metasistem, by Richard Meyer, Frace. This sistem alow to integrate diferent methods to work in therapy.
Richard Meyer talks about 3 placesses to live SOCIO for group, Psiho for couple, 2 people and ECO for solitar, the self creativ place.
Richard Meyer developed the Structuro-Functional Model that is easy to comprehend and understed and it gives a view, ideea to create a strategy in counseling.

i'll whait for your coments at alex_d@easynet.ro