Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2009, 11:58 AM
Forum Leader

Talking Kathryn Jean Lopez Discovers Genomics

In, of all places, the National Review today, March 23, 2009!

"One recently divorced academic describes what attracted her to a future female lover. 'She got up and gave me the better seat, as if she wanted to take care of me. I was struck by that,' she said. 'I felt attracted to her energy, her charisma. I was enticed. And she paid the bill. Just the gesture was sexy. She took initiative and was the most take-charge person I'd ever met.'

"This article isn't about closeted homosexuality. It's not making the case that there is a vast population of women who were born to be with women, who are instead trapped in unfulfilling heterosexual arrangements. No, this article, despite its celebration of unconventional lifestyles, boils down to something much more orthodox: Femininity and masculinity mix well together. And women are taking masculinity where they can get it, even if that's in the arms of another woman."
Http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...I5NTMxMmRkNzk=

Kathleen Parker has also waxed, with little mention of genomics or, for that matter, of K-selection, about male casualties in our culture.

Parker, Kathleen (2008) Save the Males: Why Men Matter and Why Women Should Care. NY: Random House.

And Christina Hoff-Sommers: Why can't a woman be more like man? The American. March-April, 2008.

And Genetic Similarity Theory will, of course, predict that women will partner more easily with other women! [Rushton JP (2005) Ethnic nationalism, evolutionary psychology, and Genetic Similarity Theory. Nations & Nationalism. 11(4), 489–507.]