Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old April 28th, 2006, 07:48 AM

Default Bloody Nose-result of outburst

Hi,

I'm new here and what has brought me here is an episode that I am very upset and ashamed of. I have always had a temper and sometimes I have irrational outbursts. One of the things that sets me off is my child refusing to do her homework. I am in therapy and we are working on ground rules and consequences but I am having a hard time changing.

Last night I was rushing into the office and yelling to my daughter that she better be off of the computer when I got there. She came rushing out and we crashed into each other. She wasn't hurt, but I was. The bridge of my nose connected with her skull. Seconds later I was bleeding uncontrollably. Really scared me. After about 10 minutes we were able to get the bleeding under control and stopped. I am still a little puffy around the eyes this morning but with makeup I think I can get away with no one noticing at work. I just can't believe it had to come to this. I just want so badly to stop getting angry and yelling like a maniac. I see my psychologist every other week because it is expensive and I sure wish I could go today, although I really am not looking forward to telling him what happened. Maybe I'll learn my lesson this time..........but I say that every time........ Dee Marie