Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old December 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Forum Leader

Cool Obama: Counting Coup

“Counting Coup refers to the winning of prestige in battle by the Plains Indians of North America. Warriors won prestige by acts of bravery in the face of the enemy, and these acts could be recorded in various ways and retold as stories.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_coup It’s been a century...

We oldsters – sprinkled with no blacks but plenty of college students – gathered on a corner, joked, bitched about the cold wind, and waited three hours for Obama.

A line of O-bots marched through our group, ignoring any requirement for getting permission from the property owners. And I found that chanting, “Look for the union label” stiffened their backs and gaits. How sweet to live in America where two dozen cops not only protected him but also me from his supporters!

Our group tracked BO’s arrival through a “dispersed network intelligence.” Allies called on cell-phones – “He’s now on Lehigh Street” – as he traveled from airport to campus. The cop was impressed.

Advance parties drove past us several times and laughed as we chanted, “Go Home!” They didn’t realize how important they were in helping us to rehearse...as important as BO’s misbehavior to the formation of our crowd and chants. Irony: we need him in order to keep our own organization intact! If he goes away, so do we...

A trooper shouted: “The motorcade will not stop. Stay out of the road. Do you understand?” More than sixty of us answered loudly, in unison, and unrehearsed, “YES SIR!” We laughed. The “statey” worked hard not to.

A cop’s powerful horse was jittery and piddled just before BHO arrived. He also pranced nervously as we shouted and two columns of motorcycles cut around him. For a few instants, the traffic ritual was broken as several cops put pegs down to avoid each other. Would the column have stopped if a cop’s bike slid down in front? Or would they run him over and pay off his wife and kids?

BO’s column rounded the narrow corner and for two seconds, I had eye-contact and waved my upside down flag and snotty sign that demanded his impeachment and removal.

None of us is afraid of you, BO. Let’s have this fun again…soon…very soon.

More details by Kim Schmitner at http://www.valleyforgepatriots.org/?p=360

Last edited by James Brody; December 9th, 2009 at 04:36 PM..