Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old August 11th, 2004, 12:58 PM

Default The crux of diagnosis

The one primary glaring mistake that psychoanalysts make is that when a patient complains of "hearing voices", those voices are attributed as a hallucination of the patient's mind. But that conclusion may be nonsequitor. All of the various Popes have claimed to receive/hear spiritual messages, and Psych has no right to mandate allegiance to atheism. I for one know for absolute certain that unseen spirits (eg. of the dead) ABOUND in this creation (99% believe in life after death). Those spirits are *filthy* busybodies -- much like real humans are, always covetous of getting their lousy fingers into every darn pie and influencing every danged mind they can. The words and phrasings they come up with are FAR too intricate and MUCH too uncharacteristic (of the listener) to be concoctions of the listener's head.

So, I for one am NOT an atheist, and it's unfortunate that we live in such a busybody's paradise; but the SAD fact remains: FOLKS ARE BEING WILLFULLY AND KNOWINGLY VICTIMIZED BY HAUNTING SPIRITS.

Maybe strong meds can abate the violations experienced, but ONLY at the IMMENSE EXPENSE of turning the patient's life into a miserable uh, torpor... or uh, turning the patient into a veritable unfeeling unlively zombie.
Old August 12th, 2004, 06:38 AM

Smile Re: The crux of diagnosis

Cruelfate,

I doubt that you will find anyone to believe in spirits in this forum, but I do. But its time to get ready for work so i will be back later. Your post was interesting to read. I fear though that now i will be discredited for anything else i may say on this topic. Once a person goes on talking about spirits they are never taken seriously again. If the professional community has a hard time thanking God for healing a person quicker then years of therapy i doubt they will look kindly on those talking about spirits. People in mainline churches hardly believe in the spirit world.Sad to say.
Old September 3rd, 2004, 02:09 PM

Default Re: The crux of diagnosis

I was interested in reading your post! You obviously have very strong views on the subject.
I personally do believe in Spirit, I do not believe all Spirits are bad!
It is a very difficult situation in treating people whom complain of hearing voices or perhaps Spirits! If it is Spirits talking, then we need to look at the content of conversation! are they helpful, or theatening? We also need to look at the persons way of life, do they live a truly spiritual life? If they do not, then I feel it would be most difficult to treat them in a spiritual way. You have to be open and wanting a spiritual path in life. It isn't something you can just do, without your heart being in it.
Unfortunately, at this moment in time, Psychiatry doesn't make space for "Spiritual Phenomena" there isn't the understanding, so we have to do what we can to help people who suffer from hearing voices. Yes, that does mean medication, but they are not made into zombies or vegeatables, they are treated professionally, with medication, and at times that does sometimes mean that they have to try different types to find one that is suitable.
Just as I feel you feel that healthcare for these individuals is out of balance, I also feel that you too are in danger of being out of balance, not everyone who hears voices is necessarily hearing Spirits.
I personally feel that everyone should be looked at as a seperate individual, without judgment or labeling and that appropriate healthcare should be given based on the individuals personal needs.

Jacqueline
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:48 PM

Lightbulb Re: The crux of diagnosis

Say, doesn't Psych constitute a clear violation of the first of The Ten Commandments, about having no strange gods other than the one, The Almighty??

The usual healing professions pass muster just fine, because they are based on Science, and on tests performed by *independent* labs. But as regards psychotherapists, after you tear away the demagoguery, collusion and fluff... what is left but a false god?

Of course the practice is, I suppose, venerated by *popular* demand.. kinda like Ronald Reagan.

And check out my writings on Astrophysics: www.explainrelativity.com
Old September 11th, 2004, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline
... Jacqueline
Actually, they are all bad. They ambush the living from their cover of darkness (it's called "bushwhacking") and systematically menace and torment the living. NOTHING can justify that. They are all lackeys of the Devil, even Jesus; any that are party to said bushwhacking, regardless of what they *perceive* their motive to be, it's felonious.
Old September 14th, 2004, 06:15 PM

Quote:
...We also need to look at the persons way of life, do they live a truly spiritual life?
...Jacqueline
You use the term "spiritual" as a synonym for "hypocritical", n'est ce pas? rather like how OBL uses so-called "spiritualism" to promote his personal and egoistic brand of demagoguery. No, I'm afraid you just haven't cut the mustard, madam. When doctors abandon Science, they are no longer of much use. I suggest that PHYSICians stick to the PHYSICal, and divorce that rogue branch, psychoanalysis.. which reeks.
Old September 29th, 2004, 05:59 PM

Quote:
...Jacqueline
It's been over two thousand years since Jesus died on the cross, a supposed watershed event. Yet the slaughter of innocents goes on unabated; that's right, U*N*A*B*A*T*E*D. And you think there's such a thing as a good spirit? Wake the hell up! All the spirit world cares about is the perpetuation of injustice, so that karma will be unending, and The Creation never runs out of steam. They (spirits) lap it up when children are maimed, mutilated, molested and murdered.

No, if the Nazi's don't flinch as six million (or more) innocents are slaughtered, then I wouldn't flinch a bit if six billion get slaughtered, ie. the entire population. It reeks, these Earthlings, this humankind... just reeks. You had your pinnacle, your Ronald Wilson Reagan, as everyone oohed and ahhed as the man with the 666 name was mortally wounded and yet survived. You had your satisfaction, your ultimate buzz-on. Now good stinking riddance, and leave this beautious planets to the animals and to the plants. Leave this Creation, you Satanic species, for you've accomplished nothing whatsoever of value.
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruelfate
..I for one know for absolute certain that unseen spirits (eg. of the dead) ABOUND in this creation (99% believe in life after death).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Freud
.. People in mainline churches hardly believe in the spirit world.Sad to say.
That's 100% erroneous.. if they believe in a spiritual afterlife then that's a belief in a spiritual otherworld -- same difference, Miss Bashful Believer. At least 80% of this planet's peoples believe in some sort of afterlife and/or deities ruling destiny. Think. It all boils down to the same corroboration, my orig premise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Freud
..I doubt that you will find anyone to believe in spirits in this forum, but I do.
'Just goes to further corroborate what I'm saying about THE CRUX OF DIAGNOSIS {Thread} Or maybe you only believe in the kind of Spirit Realm that places YOU in an Ivory Tower -- some astral plane that excludes all but you and your elitist cronies. That's eminently in line with UBL's constructs.

Last edited by cruelfate; October 2nd, 2004 at 09:16 AM..