Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old December 11th, 2010, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Depression Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Toohey View Post
I had initially attempted to get information on Depression the cheats way maybe, and thought I might get a better return if I put some thoughts out to be commented on by the various Gestalt people that frequent this page.

In writting an essay on what Gestalt has to offer in working with individuals with Depression I have quickly recognised that Gestalt therapy has many developed theories and principles that places this approach in very good stead for working with the key themes that are identified in the area of Depression.

I have in particular identified figure/ground formation becoming potentially fixed and the individual being unable to discriminate between a fantasised perception of self and phenomena in the present that differs from the fixed figure ie "I am hopeless at everthing". This seems to then lead to boundary disturbances such as sensory numbing and a introjected sence of being inherently flawed.
Also being able to work with a fixed label it's self (Depression) and work phenoneologically with each individuals unique experience to emphasis the persons ownership or choice with the illness rather than Depression being a fixed way of being that is un-changeable.

I could say more but thought I would put out some of my peceptions to stimulate others to offer their perspective on where Gestalt seems to merge with the themes within Depression, or for that matter does not!

Brendan Toohey
I have tried different types of antidepressants and Prozac is number 1 in my book. I love it! I have been on it for almost 2 years and my depression is very minimal. It makes me sleep good at night and I feel good all day long! I am on 40mg of it and its awesome! I would recommend this to anyone that has depression and anixety and OCD.

For more information visit here: cheap prozac
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:51 AM

Thumbs up Re: Depression Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by judthryn View Post
Meditation and yoga are the best medicines for depression and stress..
Yes I agree with this post.

Yoga is a relaxing form of exercise that can help alleviate depression. Meditation and yoga poses can help you attack the root cause of depression - the feeling that you can't handle the demands of your life. It tones the nervous system, stimulates circulation, promotes concentration, and energizes your mind and body.

Practice a daily yoga routine that includes 30 minutes of meditation and at least 20 minutes of poses. Yoga stretching exercises help improve blood circulation making it easier to break through the lethargy that often accompanies depression.

for cheap and best medicine information visit here: cheapprozac (dot) com