Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old April 6th, 2005, 07:22 PM

Smile What inhibits participation...SEX

I've been considering it further and I come back to... validation and being "heard", but also timing of that.

You will come back here to check for a response, your need is to have been "heard" and responded to, after all no-one likes to just talk to an empty room, so to speak. It's a payoff to be responded to.

Then comes timing...
I mean you will come back to check if there is a response and if there was none, you would check some more until eventually you may check just periodically...conditioning and eventually extinction maybe? The board would hold little interest.

So this is the role of a moderator in part? to respond and encourage. Doesn't it apply to almost all messageboard/forums? maybe important to have a number of moderators to share the load in the hope that with increased participation their role would decrease.

Oh the only other thing where you are guaranteed an audience is to mention sex :-)
I've put it in the title...let's see if there are more hits for viewing the topic anyhow. LOL
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Forum Leader

Default Re: What inhibits participation...SEX

Sex often gets people's attention :-)

Having been a moderator here and in other forums for quite a while now, I realize and accept the fact that there's only so much a moderator can do. Any forum needs a critical mass of participants for the flow of posting and responding to sustain itself.
Old November 19th, 2009, 12:49 AM

Default What inhibits participation SEX

Which sex is the one that gets bored with that #ing test 1/3 of the way through and says "Screw it" and closes out of it? My brain is that one