Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old July 30th, 2010, 09:24 AM

Default EMDR - I cant see anything!!!! What's wrong????

Hi, I am new here. I am visiting a psychologist and she has suggested I try EMDR. I myself have studied psychology but I am an absolute zero in my own psychology ./ I have tried two sessions and nothing has happened!!!!! I have not seen one single picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so angry about it!!! And disappointed, it was my last hope. Since three years I have been trying to solve my problem of sexual coldness, I hate sex but I am married I want my husband to be happy. So I have been doing it secretly all this time but in vain. So my psychologist said it would help. I would like to know WHY I cant see any picture and cant feel anything????? I just sit and smile and even analise what the psychologist is doing! I cant help it!!!! What am I doing wrong, by Jove????
Edit/Delete Message;:
Old November 9th, 2010, 01:16 PM

Default Re: EMDR - I cant see anything!!!! What's wrong????

Well this post might be a little late in replying to your message, but I thought I'd post anyway.

Some people just have a hard time visualizing. I've read on here that it doesn't matter if you see anything or not-the emdr should work just as well as someone who can. So try to relax and just let whatever happens happen
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Forum Leader

Default Re: EMDR - I cant see anything!!!! What's wrong????

Thought I answered this long ago. Yes, some people just don't see images. But some people have defenses against the processing. I tend to think defenses need to be honored and understood. If there are protections in place, it is for a reason. The reasons may be good or obsolete. That needs to be addressed in anyone -- not just forcing the processing to continue.