Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old February 7th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Forum Leader

Default Paranoia & Cure in Barnes

RealPlayer 10 installed a gremlin called"TkBellExe" and, following a 'Net hint, I renamed the relevant file and thought my problem gone. Now Registry Mechanic tells me that Tk still hides in my registry. I gave the delete command and elicited a stack of pop-up complaints. X-out one window and another immediately appears, maintaining a steady state of 6 vertical windows, all of them bitching. I eventually erased the tower by rebooting my computer.

Meanwhile, "GotomyPC" lets you access your home or office computer from the road: It's screen fills whatever monitor is in front of you at the moment. AND you get a discount when you mention the referral source. What a great toy for surveillance or for sabotage! Of course, there are passwords and security checks, but as some Greco-Latin type probably asked, who is going to guard the guards? And the hint about a referral source lets a Presence easily sort out the fans of conservative Bill Bennett from those of communist Ron Kuby.*

Anyone who installs GoTo must live in a very small world or think themselves so important as to be safe from predation.

Google: I installed the toolbar and wondered why it wanted to make a database of my computer files. For my convenience? Perhaps. But possibly also for anyone else! How easy would it be for Presence to analyze my hard drive?

A moment of sanity: The outside thermometer says 11 degrees, I wear a Navy peacoat, scarf, & hat, and slump a huge chair at Barnes next to a very large window. My feet are cold. Ten feet away, Angie, hyperactive, very built-well, glossy black hair, flashing black eyes, and a body made for making copies, stocks books. She straightens up, pulls down her thin yellow sweater in back, and covers the 2 inches of skin that shows. She next bends over, her olive drab cargo pants tighten over her fanny, and the sweater slides up again. One must imagine her cold and happy and I, Tiresias, having seen all, am very grateful for my evolved mind...

JimB

*Kuby's communism is self-professed. He shares a mike on WABC radio, M-F, with conservative, Hell's Angel organizer, Curtis Sliwa. And Kuby, Savage, and Bennett all carry ads for GoTo...

Last edited by James Brody; February 9th, 2007 at 02:20 PM..