Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old January 7th, 2006, 06:06 AM

Default Hypnosis Induction & Unconscious Communication

Hello everyone from Melbourne Australia.

I have started to learn hypnotherapy over the last 2 years. Could I ask your opinion as to what you regard "as the most effective" induction technique when a client is highly resistant?
Secondly what is the most effective method of demonstrating communication with the sub conscious mind if I was ever asked to demonstrate Hypnosis; lets say by a cynical family friend?
Is there some "fool proof" way of evidencing unconscious communication in any situation?
Finally is there a public workshop or reputable course in Ericksionian hypnosis avaialble if I was to travel to the Untied states. Could you please tell who, where and when?
Thank you for any help and I am so glad I found this site.
Andre Vlcek
andre111@hotmail.com
Melbourne
Australia
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Forum Leader

Default Re: Hypnosis Induction & Unconscious Communication

The best source for a reputable course or courses on Erickson's approach to hypnosis are those offered as Intensives by the Milton H. Erickson Foundation, Inc. 3606 N. 24th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016. There are other fine courses offered as well by Gilligan, Yapko, my own, Zeig's own, etc. But the Foundation is the central source - bottom line.

Utilization of the clients presenting behavior eliminate resistance at all phases of treatment, inlcuding induction.

There is no single way to answer how you can demonstrate proof of sub-conscious behavior as each person respond uniquely. Sometimes it is laughter when the conscious mind can not recall the joke, at other times it is are levitation, etc.