Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old February 16th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Default ptsd from hallucinations

i have had had hallucinations since 1995.I am not medicated and after having bad side effects will probably never be again.but has the medical profession ever looked into ptsd as a result from experiencing hallucinations.i have coped pretty well but it is very difficult not being able to relate to somrone the stress from the hallucinations,it is like being in a war by yourself,I have been thinking about how professionals handle people with these disorders.To put it in laymans terms sometimes we are treated like children,being the last to know diagnosis,conferring with family before conferring with patient.i tryed to have an open discussion with doctor but it was almost like he did not want to answer my questions,important questions,what symptoms do the mainstream patients usually experience,what do they find that helps them to cope with the stress?etc.It is almost like being in the dark.the only solutions that were offered to me was medications.I went to counseling,the counselor never touched on the subject,which is kind of strange,because thats why I was there.After a few sessions talking about work,I gave up,I figured I could save the state some money,she just never worked with me at all.I realize that some people that experience hallucinations are difficult to talk to for obvious reasons but I do not fit that category.i have slipped through the cracks ,my family can not handle talking about it,and the doctors I was seeing thought I was coping so well ,that I kind of was not on their priority list.I am new using computers and I am not able to start a new thread I tried ,so sorry to break the train of thought,but I figured this was mainly a professional coversation ,what better place to find help.