Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old April 8th, 2007, 07:04 AM

Default Noesitherapy

Any info or comments on Dr. Escudero's technique for the induction of Anesthesia?
It is claimed to be a Verbal technique that takes just a couple of minutes. Also said to have had his first trials in 1972... Erickson was alive then... did he hear about it?
Also called the "Vagus Response"...
Total Anesthesia in just a few minutes...
Any info?
Comments?
Old June 8th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Forum Leader

Default Re: Noesitherapy

Dr. Escudero was a resident in Valencia, Spain and was helpful in the days of humanistic psychology (too bad it is all but gone!) in promoting related ideas in that country. He did not make it to Dr. Erickson's radar in publication however. I do not know if they had met as a result of participation in professional societies at that time. However, there are really tens of decades of medical practitioners who used hypnosis for such results. So, a non-mention is not surprising.
Old June 20th, 2007, 05:44 AM

Thanx for ur reply... Dr. Erickson could have easily uncovered the technique if he knew about it existence...
Dr. Escudero protects his method with a great deal of secrecy... Not to my surprise!
I know the technique used for pain-releif, and its very fast... 30 seconds up to just a few minutes... but I have not yet succeeded n conditioning people for surgery... And the Analgesia technique releives 80-100% of the pain... but the pain HAS to be there to relieve it... it recurs back in ax X number of days... but the next time the technique is used, the pain goes away for an X number of months... the 2 X's r equal...
in some cases pain goes away for an X number of hours, and the next time the technique is used it goes away for an X number of either days, or Months... which, I think, shows that there r 2 parts with 2 different units of time...
Strange... I am not sure it can be explained in terms of Conscious-subconscious...
Old September 23rd, 2007, 05:50 AM

I found a couple of videos on this site that show Anesthesia done in a few minutes, and with no trance...
Can anyone check its authenticity?
http://farahidi.com/?page_id=156
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sE2iqMWONUQ

Last edited by F. A. Zadeh; August 9th, 2013 at 06:24 AM..
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Forum Leader

The videos are not in a language I speak. However, they do not begin at the beginning either. Hypnosis with altertness and with eyes open is a well known state. Alexander Levitan, MD in MN does a great deal of exploritory cancer work and often that way. The late Kay Thompson, DDS did a great deal of dental work that way, etc. The reason is that patients can give better feedback when the trance is an alter trance.
Old November 13th, 2007, 05:31 AM

As far as I know, the videos r complete. The whole process in those videos did not take more than 30-45 seconds.
I have attended both sessions (in addition to other ones) and it is NOT Hypnosis with open eyes. I know that Hypnosis with open eyes comes with dilated pupils, but all the sessions I attended were characterized with constricted pupils... an indicator of Parasympathetic activity.
The technique revolves around a hypothesis that there is another part of the unconscious that functions in a manner similar to the Conscious mind, and that it is responsible for creating notions... a precursor in the process of thinking. Those notions can be pulled in any direction... Anesthesia, Analgesia, Compulsions, or even creating pains...
Apparently, Hypnosis communicates with the superficial levels of the mind to find an indirect way of indirectly communicating with deeper levels... and that done through filters, and with the person's consent, both conscious and unconscious, and with results ( as far as I know) not so successful most of the time.
This technique is a fast tool of communication with the Autonomous Nervous System... Direct Communication...
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:29 AM
Forum Leader

No further info. Sorry.
Old March 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM

OK, there was a case of Depression treated by MHE in Boston Hospital (I believe). He took her into a room and talked to her for a couple of minutes, and she developed a severe pain in her right arm, then he asked her to write her name, and she used her left arm to do that. He used that pain to regress her to her childhood.
I haven't heard of anyone who can induce physical pain through Hypnosis, and certainly not that fast...
It took him just a couple of minutes. It certainly is work with the Autonomous Nervous System...
Is there any info about how he developed pain in that arm?
Or is it possible that he foresaw some dangers in using that technique, and so he decided to keep the secret?
Old March 31st, 2008, 01:44 PM
Forum Leader

I am not familiar with that case. Can you let us know where it is cited? As far as creating pain by hypnosis or suggestion...of course it could be done and the speed of such an undertaking would probably vary according to the variables that effect most hypnosis outcomes: motivation, perceived authority, context, 'inherant' suggestibility, and skill level of the operator. But, get back to us with the citation and perhaps I can tell you more.
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:01 AM

I cannot remember where I read that case, but I can narrate it as I remember it: It was a case of a nurse with severe depression. Dr. Erickson noticed by her movements that she was left-handed when she was a kid but was probably forced to use her right hand as she grew up. So he took her into a room and talked to her for a couple of minutes and developed pain in her right hand. That pain was so severe that she could not use that arm. He then asked her to write her name. As she couldn't use her right hand for that, she wrote her name with her left hand. He then told her something like, 'No pain remains forever, and tomorrow there will be sunshine'.
And as far as I know that was the briefest therapy done to cure severe depression.
In the explanation, I think I read that using her left hand to write regressed her to her childhood (as then she used her left hand), and her childhood was free of depression. Also, that the pain in her right hand was conceived by her as her depression... and 'No pain remains forever'... and tomorrow there will be sunshine, something to be optimistic about...
I am sure someone here can cite where this case is mentioned...