View Single Post
Unread May 30th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Post Near Death Experiences...

I am here to share a state of mind I have encountered repeatedly over the years...
In my work with patients, I have seen many of them expire before my eyes... However, I have noticed them, hours before they death, talking about the existence of another person in the room... existence of a "stranger" in the room...
They point at the stranger, sometimes (when I express doubts about it) they push my face in that direction, like saying, "There, look... see..."
There are some patterns typical of this "state of mind" they go through... patterns such as, faster speech tempo, tension, fast movements, attempts to run away, a marked change in voice... but most strange is the energy they experience, which is very unusual for a patient with their physical illness...
About a month ago, I was seeing a patient in the intensive care unit, who actually got into such a state... he did not talk about the existence of a stranger, but he said he is told that a "stranger" is on his way to the Hospital... and he was explaining to someone (apparently not me, though we were the only two there) that he has people he has not seen yet, and that he must see them... all the patterns were consistent with the patterns I have seen in others previously... I stayed there till the patient slept...
The next day I asked the patient about his recollection of the previous day events... he remembered, everything untill the hour he went through this state... obviously he had Amnesia for that part... and when I asked him about the "stranger", he got nervous asking quickly, repeatedly, in fast tempo, "what stranger", which I dismissed as, "don't worry, it's not important"...
In a little while, he was asking me if there was anybody else in the room... and my reply was No...
I have never Hypnotized this person before...
I would appreciate an explanation...