View Single Post
Unread October 2nd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Forum Leader

Default Re: Study Groups for "The Collected Clinical Works of Alfred Adler."

George, an on-line study group is certainly possible. It would be good to get some feedback from forum members and guests about their degree of interest and the format preferred. The most comprehensive study of "The Collected Works of Alfred Adler" would require a willingness to read each volume in sequence, perhaps a chapter or two a week, starting with Volume 1. Each person's comments and questions would then be exchanged with the members of the study group. This can be done through the BOL discussion forum, a dedicated chat room, or an audio or video teleconference. Certainly, the discussion forum is most convenient, but misses the spontaneity and dynamic exchange of direct contact. Chat rooms are usually not conducive to serious discussion. We could experiment with an audio or video teleconference (I have subscribed to iVisit <www.ivisit.com>), but all participants would need to agree on a mutually convenient time, have a high-speed Internet connections, and have a microphone and speakers connected (a video cam would be optional). We could set up a couple of short "pilot" sessions to test the quality of the teleconferencing system; my iVisit subscription can handle up to eight participants. I am open to other suggestions.

A study guide is being prepared, but is not yet available. In addition to abstracts of each chapter for every volume, it will offer topic guides that suggest key sources in each of the volumes; it is intended for individuals who have access to all of the volumes. Our Advanced Certification Training for Study-analysis includes course DT702: "Comprehensive Study/Discussion of The Collected Clinical Works of Alfred Adler and His Unpublished Manuscripts," described at http://go.ourworld.nu/hstein/dt702.htm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.