View Single Post
Unread February 15th, 2006, 03:09 PM

Default Re: A Free Will Challenge

Hi Tom, You said,

Quote:
But, I think you're contradicting yourself by saying 'not intellectual inputs' and 'intellectual conclusions participate'; sounds like an input to me.
The key to this is that the emotional marker is what gets weighed, not the intellectual conclusion itself, which is the behavior choice under consideration and not an emotion.

I realize this notion is upside down from the conventional wisdom and so people can read it several times but since it doesn't fit with their current, long-held view, they just don't see what I am proposing.

Our ego and what we observe makes us think that our intellect is in charge. We have believed that all our lives. Our whole educational experience is based on that (incorrect) belief. Any other notion that violates that belief becomes incomprehensible without a lot of effort. It's that cognitive dissonance thing.

Quote:
You no doubt already know that I can't provide examples against what I believe; otherwise, I'd be forced to disagree with you.
Of everyone here I was most sure that was the case with you. And doesn't that prove my proposition, above?

Margaret

PS - What is "subscribing" and what does it do? Does it make it easier to navigate around here? Can you send me a link to a page that explains this?

Last edited by Margaret McGhee; February 15th, 2006 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Addition