View Single Post
Unread March 25th, 2006, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Race Differences and Intelligence

In replying to my own post, above, I am reminding any advocates of biological (genetic) determinism that my closing paragraph was,
Quote:
I'm not questioning the science showing IQ differences by race - just the ideological conclusions that seem to come from it. And I'm pointing out that world history seems to say that cultural influences were far stronger than IQ in determining government organization and economic systems. Am I missing something important here?
I should have stated that first sentence more clearly as -
Quote:
I'm not questioning the science showing IQ differences by race in this post - just the ideological conclusions that seem to come from it.
I am not addressing the question of racial IQ difference here, just postponing it so I can focus on one area of scientific misinformation at a time.

And I'm still waiting for any genetic determinists here to point out what it is that I may be "missing" - just as I am still waiting for a cogent response to my free will challenge.

I would also remind any careless or hopeful readers that my discussion of the balance between genetic and environmental influences on behavior (or IQ) - and the effect that may have on the human condition - is in no way a suggestion on my part that some influence of spirit or soul may be at work. I stopped considering such questions as relevant sometime around 1957.

Since this post is meant to prevent further misunderstanding, please realize that I make these challenges in the spirit of a friendly competitive discussion. When I challenge the correctness of your assertions I'm not saying you are a bad person. I respect everyone's on-topic opinion here, even those I disagree with, except those that are obviously ad hominem attacks - which I try to ignore.

Margaret