View Single Post
Unread June 18th, 2006, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Gore’s “Inconvenient Truth”—“an embarrassment"

Quote:
TomJ: The part you're missing is that the repression module acts in defense of your own ego; maybe you ought to read the article again here: http://www.behavior.net/bolforums/showthread.php?t=728.

You've invested far too many of your ridiculous arguments to admit that you've been so wrong for so long, no matter how obvious the repression article shows that the brain is far more potent than any invisible spirit you can dream up. But you psychologically NEED yourself to be right, so you're probably unable to acknowledge….
Really Tom, you’re projecting. Your reliance on page 4 of that article that you’ve referenced (noted above)—“Freud Returns,” by Mark Solms, obviously something of a Freud disciple himself—regarding your repression module hypothesis (supposedly acting in defense of what Freud unscientifically opined is the “ego”) is lame at best. Hello?

Seriously Tom, ask Carey and/or Todd and/or JimB to review that article and I think they’ll all pretty much say the same.

And again Tom, I can’t find where I’ve been “defending” “God,” as you so hastily and/or disingenuously assert. Got a link? No, I didn’t think so.

Nevertheless, for your edification, again, here’s my view of things: I’m obviously no atheist; and the current science and evidence undoubtedly supports what these great scientists (obviously not atheists) have had to say:
Einstein: “Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe—a spirit vastly superior to that of man....”
Max Planck: “There is no matter as such! All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.”
Roger Penrose: "I would say the universe has a purpose. It's not there just somehow by chance."

Last edited by Fred H.; June 19th, 2006 at 08:40 AM.