Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old September 10th, 2004, 06:29 PM

Default Diversity

Does it exist alone a single form of making adlerian psychology ?. !No!

-Classic (Stein...)

-Neoadlerian (Dreikurs...)

-Constructivims (Stewart and Oberst...)

-Etc.
Old October 15th, 2004, 03:44 PM

Wink Adlerian Web in Spanish

http://www.cop.es/colegiados/GR00724/adler/ADLER.html

and...or

http://perso.wanadoo.es/kunkel/adler/ADLER.html

Moderator's note: Caution! The second URL appears to be infected with a "Trojan horse" virus. My anti-virus program alerted me to this possibility.

Last edited by Henry Stein; October 16th, 2004 at 11:01 AM..
Old October 18th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Constructivism and Postmodernism

Sr Sánchez, tal vez pueda yo ayudarle. Si quiere enviarme sus prequntas, es posible que pueda responder en español.... Steve Slavik sslavik@telus.net
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:47 AM

Wink Para el señor Sslavik

Estimado colega Sslavik:

Mas que formular preguntas lo que he expuesto son afirmaciones:

1º-Hay distintos enfoques de la psicologÃÂ*a adleriana; al menos 2 predominantes: El clásico (expuesto magistralmente por Stein) y otros que combinan aspectos de la psicologÃÂ*a adleriana con otros enfoques (p.e cognitivo y constructivista)

2º-Nadie tiene la patente de legitimidad adleriana, y el enfoque de Dreikurs es tan adleriano, por poner un ejemplo, como el presentando por Stein.

3º-En resumen hay diversidad en los enfoques adlerianos; aunque hay una referencia común (la obra de A. Adler) y varios conceptos claves comunes como por ejemplo : estilo de vida, la idea de totalidad, finalidad, unicidad y sentimiento comunitario.
Old October 25th, 2004, 11:46 AM

Sr Sánchez, tiene razon en todas sus ideas, pero a lo mejor no tiene el foro correcto aquÃÂ* para promulgarlas, especialmente en español. Por favor, escrÃÂ*bame directamente y podemos discutirlas en detalle y cuando tenemos tiempo.... Steve Slavik
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:28 AM

Cool Es posible que sea como dice usted

Es posible, puede que lleve usted razón.
Old October 26th, 2004, 04:18 AM

I am looking for resources that discuss similarities and differences between Adlerian and constructivist approaches. I found only a few. will you please add to the list if you know more resources. thanks

Watts, R. E. (2003). Adlerian, cognitive, and constructivist therapies: An integrative dialogue. [publisher: Springer Publishing Co.]

Watts R. E. (2003). Adlerian therapy as a relational constructivist approach. The family journal, vol 11, No. 2, 139-147

Scott, C. N., Kelly, F. D., & Tolbert, B. L. (1995). Realism, constructivism, and the Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler. Individual Psychology, Vol.51, No.1, 4-20

Master, S. B. (1991). constructivism and the creative power of the self. Individual Psychology, Vol. 47, No. 4, 447-455
Old October 26th, 2004, 08:47 AM

Note on this discussion about Classical Adlerian Therapy and the Dreikursian interpretation of it.
As far as I understand Adler from his direct German writings he was very direct in pinpointing the issue. So I do not readily believe that he was so very diplomatic and Socratic all the time. He could really show directly the way that parents had to go in their approach.
Reading him I get the feeling that he must have been a warm person with a true interest in his clients. I am sure that Adler would have loved to discuss his views with all his followers, and I am pretty sure that he would have embraced these different views. He was a man of movement. Life is movement. So I am very very sure that he was not a man that had a dogmatic view about how to help and educate his clients. Not only life is movement, but also ideas and interpretations are alive and in motion.
Adler is dead. We do not know how he would have developed if he would have lived longer. But I am sure that his views today would have been different from the views he had short before his death in 1937.
Sometimes I have the idea that there are followers that strongly believe in the "Adler from before 1920" where there are others who only want to embrace the "Adler from the 20'ies till his death".

Paul Miedema
Old October 26th, 2004, 09:17 AM

Smile Puede que asÃÂ* sea

Es posible que usted lleve razón y este quizás no sea el foro correcto para exponer estas ideas; y también es posible todo lo contrario. Como decia Adler, las cosas simpre pueden ser de otra manera (alternatuvismo constructivista anterior al mismo Kelly)