PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
Joe the Electrician [Archive] - Behavior OnLine Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Joe the Electrician

James Brody
October 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
"My husband is really annoyed. He works in a small manufacturing company and management decided to buy three 42-inch televisions: one for the dining area and two for the executive offices. My guy complained to himself and then to me that he'd rather have the money." A not-so-puzzled wife in my office.

His discontent also captured the emergent network contrasts between bottom-up individuality and top-down uniformity as captured in the political philosophy of Fred Hayek. In Hayek's view, dreamers dream and thugs find opportunities in them. How peculiar that Darwinians lean towards so******m: It may be that they were so******ts before they knew about Darwin. A product of genomic imprinting?

JimB

References:
Burt, Austin, & Trivers, Robert (2006) Genes in Conflict: The Biology of Selfish Genetic Elements. Cambridge, MA: Belknap-Harvard.
Hayek Friedrich A (1944/1994) The Road to Serfdom. Chicago: Univ. Chicago Press.