PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
Religion & Evolution @ Barnes [Archive] - Behavior OnLine Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Religion & Evolution @ Barnes

James Brody
September 5th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Mike was in love with Sarah Palin...Sam much less sure. Both of them are about 50 years old and schooled in the subtleties of being "nice." Mike made my coffee, Sam - my sausage, egg, and cheese. This was the usual reward for my ride to Barnes and Noble and my waiting for breakfast.
Jennifer arrived - paunchy gut, small breasts, weak chin, all about 22 years old.

Mike: "Jennifer! Did you hear Sarah Palin last night?"
"No, I went to bed. She's a creationist and I'm an evolutionist. I have no interest in what she might say."

Me: "I've taught and written about EP and behavior genetics for a dozen years. I'm also an agnostic but I need the creationists rather than Dawkins in my foxhole. (Her thin eyelashes arched.) Stalin, for example, found that Russians would not fight for Bolshevism or for Stalin but they would fight for Mother Russia and for God. Stalin changed his pitch and reopened a bunch of churches and the people fought the Germans with guns and pitchforks, starvation and cold.

Further, Dawkins made one child, the average Muslim makes six as does the average Mormon.

Jennifer: "I'll have to give this some more thought. What about the mess in Iraq?"

Me: There were and are good reasons for our work in Iraq; I'm sorry that it took so long to get a good general in position to do the necessary things. Good generals in peace time fill out papers, write plans, go to meetings, and drink after work. It sometimes takes a search to locate a Patton, Sherman, or Grant who can kill.

Jennifer: "Yea, but what good did it do?

Me:
1) Many fewer women are now raped and fed alive to large dogs.
2) I dislike the idea of huge monolithic territories. In this case, let them develop and Israel will quickly be gone.
3) Islam respects a "strong horse." Debating males and their screeches welcome invaders.

She tired of the conversation; my sandwich was done. Jennifer promised again to "give it some more thought." Which probably means talking to her friends about how weird and wrong I am. It could also be that my being a nonconformist will help her to notice other nonconformists.
Again, I thought of Kuznetzov: "The only thing is that I can see from my little window that while some people are loving and sleeping, other people are making handcuffs for them. Why? That's the question. There are so many would-be benefactors in the world. And they are all determined to shower benefits on the whole world. Nothing less. And for this purpose very little is needed: simply that the world should fit into the design that is taking shape God knows how in their feeble, complex-tortured minds." Babi Yar, 44.

JimB

P.S. Sarah is a creationist, she also endorses teaching both creationism and evolution in school.